So it seems that if you are a former CIA boss, read Seldon Lady head of the operation of extraordinary rendition held in Italy in 2003 against Abu Omar, you risk to be arrested, as it happened in Panama, obviously without a single chance to transfer him in an Italian jail; that even if we are (in theory) allies. But, if you are a mother with daughter trying to hide from a tyrannical regime built on oil, read Kazakhstan, well Italy will send you back without a protest, ignoring every law, convention, humanity and good sense for a share of a oil camp in the Caspian Sea. That’s our country.
1. Find a wife or a husband (that’s not a personal thing it’s about biology, we need someone to share our life with, you cannot avoid it, whether you like it or not, and even most important that’s great!).
2. Have babies (they’re great, funny, full of love but they’re the most difficult thing to “do”, but as for the point 1, it’s biology, you just make them and you’ll be happy).
3. Don’t be evil (not like Google, but just don’t spend your time annoying the others, focus on yourself and your family, there is nothing else important).
4. Give yourself the right priorities (1. Family, 2. Job, 3. Everything else).
5. Never exceed with your personal workload (you’re not invincible).
6. Be ambitious and never give up to fight for you and your family.
7. Always ask what someone who is not you and your family really wants from you (everyone has a scope).
8. Do not do things because the others do them.
9. Do not try to impose your will on the others and do not allow others to impose their will on you (without breaking the law…:-)).
10. Give to yourself your own rules, do not let someone else impose them instead of you (as in the present decalogue).
A few consideration about what’s has happened in Sicily during the last election to decide who will rule the almost bankrupt isle. An astonishing amount of people hasn’t gone to vote, only 47% of who has the right to do it has gone, this is significant because in 2008 they were the 66%, for the same kind of election.
The leftist coalition is claiming the victory with just the 31% of votes granted, we’re talking of a very relative victory, we must admit that their candidate Mr Crocetta is a highly respectable person with a personal history of mafia-cleanliness, if you know what I mean. The media are talking about the great victory of the populist M5S too with 18% (click here whether you’d like to know who they are), this is a great performance, but in my opinion the most interesting fact is that if the right parties had gone united to this election they would have get 40% of votes and would have won the election (again). But they didn’t; they have been divided into two groups, the first one is the official one and has taken around 25%, the second one, or the rebel one, has taken only 15% of the votes.
To draw a conclusion a lot of noise for nothing, what the leftist are calling an historical victory is just luck; the crisis, the technical government, the extreme populism of M5S, the last Berlusconi’s crazy declarations, have only brought marginal effect on the typical political scene of the Southern Isle, where specific interests seem always to prevail on the collective good.
Hi, I’ve always experienced problems when I upgrade my pc, I have a dual monitor system and I’m using NVidia driver manually installed because otherwise my Ubuntu (12.04 & 12.10) doesn’t work. Randomly every window that I open puts itself wherever it wants, on the main monitor, on the second one, at the middle, full screen, etc. So I have to configure Compiz manually.
For a start: sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
Then open it via the dash, just write “Compiz”, then look up for the plugin called: “Place Windows”, the following one is its icon:
Then leave “workarounds” selected, but change “Placement Mode” personally I set “Cascade”, then at the last row of the general tab write in the void space: title=any
In the next tab “Placing a window to a fixed position” or something like that, select “new” in “Windows with fixed position”, write “any” and insert as value 100 for x and 100 for y.
That’s it. Press Alt+F2 then write compiz –replace
What I really like of United States and in general of “Northern countries” is that when the media show to everyone that you cheated or that you lied or made something wrong, as in the Armstrong scandal, even if you swear to be absolutely innocent they punish you. You have to pay something to the public opinion, it’s a matter of morality that simply cannot be imported here in Italy, we have scam, fraud and everything else bad as no-one in this world, but you could always say: “I’m innocent, it was a pot” and you could not resign and even carry on as if nothing has never happened and someone will trust you. Unbelievable.
At least I decided to exploit Insync to use my Google space online, I haven’t done it before because there wasn’t a gnome shell extension, that is now provided, but it lacks of instructions and on other website I follow they are very general, so this morning I spent half an hour for something that takes only 5 minutes, that’s what you should do to make it works and to make the extension to appear on the right and to work properly.
3. Search for the Gnome Tweak Tool on the applications, and then switch on the button on Insync, it should appear on the right near the weather extension or so
4. (optional) I was running the extension called: “Places Status Indicator by gcampax “, it’s just a shortcut for some folders on your pc, but it sopped to work when I switched on the Insync one, anyway I started using the “All-in-one Places by jofer” and the problem was solved, and to be honest the latter extension is far better than the older one. So if you have the same problem just change extension.
The next match week, the one which starts tomorrow is the most interesting so far and by far. First of all there is the mother of all the rivalry and of the arguments in the Serie A, the terrific Juventus – AS Roma.
Tomorrow there are two good matches, Parma is a team well-trained by Donadoni and AC Milan is still now in trouble, whatever its management says. The Parma’s manager, I’m sure, will put up a tough match for his former team (as a player), there is the question about the third match in 7 days and how a little club like Parma will face it, but that’s true for every team on the pitch. At 20,45 the big match, between two teams that really hate each other, Zeman during the 90s show at the world of football that Juventus were doping its players (Vialli, Ferrara, Del Piero, etc); that was a shock, later the magistrature found that the Juventus was up to no good, but at that time doping was not a serious crime and the prescription saved its management, still today Juventus is angry for that scandal, and obviously not with the former president, or the doctors, or every one else, no, with Zeman who make the scandal explode…that’s Italy.
Anyway Juventus is the favourite to get the 3 points tomorrow, but Roma is like his manager absolutely unpredictable and tomorrow could really happen anything.
Next day there is only one interesting match, the last one between Inter and Fiorentina, the Tuscany team has made since now a great championship, they’re a real surprise, good players and a good manager, but I think that on Sunday they’ll pay the effort to try to beat Juventus on Wednesday, so in my opinion Inter with a larger number of skilled players is the favourite.